A few nights ago I was sitting around with time on my hands and nothing to do. I had gotten tired of Dragon Age and with the olympics over there was not much on tv. That’s when I remembered that I still had Sword if the New World on my PC.
I have been playing it again for a few days now and am really enjoying it. It has its on unique feel by letting your control 3 characters. This offers you great customization to chose what type of group you want to lead into battle. My current formation is a Fighter, Scout (healer) and either a Wizard or Musketeer. I have yet to master the AFK leveling that you can do in this game by setting your party to defend / hold mode but I love the idea to level while you are not there to keep up with your friends. My team tends to get themself killed after a little while, but I think it’s mostly my fault because I try to AFK to high of mobs.
Here are some of the reasons I like this game:
– the graphics (they are beautiful)
– The battle system (I enjoy setting your guys up in a formation and letting them destroy everything in the room!)
– NPC card system ( you can unlock NPC characters to play by getting their cards)
– Stances (allows great customization of your characters build and play style)
OK, now for some cons:
– Minimal customization of characters (you get the choice of Make or Female)
– Small amount of players for a MMO
– Fast pace battles (they can quickly get out of hand will lots of aggro)
Overall I really enjoy playing this game and am looking forward to trying out the higher level dungeons and stances. If you are interested in a beautiful game that offers lots of great environments and solid gameplay check out Sword of the New World.